Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Pixie Pit & Random Status Report Bits

I've been having a great time shuffling here and there visiting friends and family, but in such a prolonged journey out and about one starts to feel the lack of structure in one's day, week, month and so on. I am quite thankful that I do not have to find such structure via the tyranny of paid employment, but how to give stability to my days?

Three words answer this query my friends: The Pixie Pit.

The Pixie Pit (see link to the right), aka "on-line Scrabble", is there for me every day (provided my opponents take their turns) and one game ambles amiably through the weeks, serving as the thread that holds it all together for me. If you find you are lost, uncertain about your future or hesitant in any way about what to do, when to do it and where to do it, there is help! Just venture into The Pixie Pit and let it take all your worries away. If you need an opponenet, feel free to invite me into a game. I'm a good opponent if you like to win because I rarely do. I tend to stress "interesting" words or "cool" plays over point value and I give next to no thought to strategy concerning the board and where one might play what in order to screw one's opponent.

In other news of my world:

I'm getting PRETTY nervous. In the last year or so I've burned through 31 Spenser novels (see previous post "Small Vices", circa July) and am on the very last one, just released this year. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. A friend's hunny bunny suggested Dennis LeHane, another author who writes about an ace PI in Boston, and I'm trying one out, but it really just ins't the same.

I'm getting extremely excited about Halloween. I have a friends' party Saturday night and then fly Westward to OR on Sunday in time for a night of Halloween and Monday Night Football. Hopefully I'll manage to get some photos of it all and be able to sweet talk Blogger into working with me in efforts to post them.

I got to get a real workout in today! I've been doing pretty well with getting some sort of exercise the last month or two, but often it is limited to my morning yoga and some walking around. I did spend one morning biking and ran once as well, but the gym visits have been quite sparse due to excessive gallavanting about and the lack of a gym membership anywhere. Right now I'm in picturesque Newburyport, Mass visiting my cousin and her enjoyable family. This morning Johnny had school and Tatum had her weekly Wednesday morning sitter so my cousin and I got to go to the Fitness Factory (that's really what it is called.) Right now I am riding high on the post-workout endorphines, heightened by a big lovely lunch and hot shower. I think I'll take a nap now................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Okay, I'm back. Lastly, I'm really looking forward to busting a move outta the Northeast. I like the west coast. I prefer it greatly to what I know of the east coast. I feel better about myself, enjoy myself more on the west coast and overall just feel more comfortable and natural with how it all works. And the weather is way better. Some fall stuff and spring stuff totally rocks out here, but all in all it isn't even a competition. And the nasty "NorEaster" we just had - despite being gorgeous in its own abstract, I get to hide inside all day, sort of way - isn't doing much to convince me otherwise. For all my NE amici - I do love you, but I think you all should come to visit me next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home