Friday, October 14, 2005

Exile Over (for now)

"Did you get lonely?" Asked one of the people for whom I've been house sitting.

"Not at all," I replied.

And I didn't. The last day I was a triffle bored as I didn't know when he would be arriving back at the house, it was still pouring down rain so I was disinclined to go outside and I didn't have a good book to read or a crossword to do. I couldn't start one of the books from their library as I would be leaving before I could finish it and the paper didn't get delivered that day, hence the lack of crosswordage. But otherwise I trully didn't find myself unhappy a twit or longing for other people. In fact, while I'm looking forward to my upcoming weekend in NYC with friends and visiting friends and family around the NE for the next couple of weeks, I'm really looking forward to my next housesitting stint in OR - starting Oct 30. That round will be far less isolated as I have a ton of family around, some friends, and my dad's office is on the property (which includes and employee.) But I will still have a significant amount of time to myself.

So I guess I'll have to resume dressing in clean, coordinated clothes, brushing my hair, shaving and other such things that make a body "presentable." Oh wait, I've never been much into any of those things. PHEW, at least I won't have THAT to worry about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home