Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gallivanting About the Northeast

The rains stopped just in time for me to have a lovely, lovely weekend in NYC. Friday was a bit soggy and I (and my luggage) got rather soaked making our way from the subway to my amico's apartment, but we dried out okay and by the time we went out to dinner it was barely raining at all. And then Saturday and Sunday were fantastically beautiful. Saturday morning I met a friend dating from as far back as middle school for brunch and then we laid about in Central Park, basking in the sun. My basking in the park was then transferred to much of the same, but in Prospect Park in Brooklyn where a former hunny bunny from high school and I had lunch and chatted. The night was spent at yet another amico's apartment - this one in Brooklyn - and the early morning found me perky and on my way to Manhattan for a stint at the MoMA before - you guessed it - more loafing in the park.

Unfortunately all of my friends are caught up in this whole "work" business and I don't have plans to go to Boston until Wednesday so Monday morning found me lost and lorn in the big city. I had been contemplating a jaunt down to Philly (just $20 roundtrip on the China Town Bus) but was feeling a little leery about it. I've spent the last five months getting away from Philly and the unpleasantness of my last year or so here. Why would I want to go back to a place where things sucked so thoroughly? But there are lovely, lovely people who I like a lot in this town who I wouldn't get to see otherwise. So I sucked it up, hopped on a bus and made my way south. I couldn't very well show up and be a mere two blocks from my former place of employement (and again, there were lovelies I really did want to see) so the first stop was my old office. It was nice seeing people and I'm going to be having lunch with a few today but after an hour or so of being there I really started to feel "bad." I was sorta drained and irritable and just very down. So I fled right quick to see a dear amico in west philly before making my way to friends' apartment for the night. And it has been lovely. In a couple of hours I'll be meeting one lovely for her lunch break before meeting other lovelies for their lunch break before hopping on the bus back to la citta grande to the north.

And besides - NY state doesn't have powerball while PA does. I don't even know what the total is up to now but it is over $315 million and I wouldn't have a chance at it if I didn't come down for the night, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home