Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Reading

In no particular order, this is what I read in 2013.  Or rather, what I remember reading.  I know there were others but this is what I can remember.

Cutting for Stone, Abraham Verghese - Lovely
Wolf Hall, Hillary Mantel - Worth the hype
Bring Up the Bodies, Hillary Mantel - Lyrical and great as an audio book
The Tenth Circle, Jodi Picoult - Classic Jodi Picoult
Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, David Sedaris - Classic David Sedaris
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern - Super awesome with an ending that fell short but still worth it.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman - Awesome awesome awesome
Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero - Lives on my bedside table for a reason
Salvage the Bones, Jesmyn Ward - Read it read it read it
Double Cross, James Patterson - Trash.  Fun trash.
Lets Pretend This Never Happened, Jenny Lawson - Fun, not trash
Wild, Cheryl Strayed - Inspiring.  And annoying.
Swamplandia, Karen Russel - Terrifying but well done
Hansons Marathon Method, Luke Humphrey - Informative
Wildwood, Colin Meloy - Loved it but I'm a fairy tale buff and love Forest Park dearly
Age of Miracles, Karen Thompson Walker - Started it but didn't like it and stopped
The Black Echo, Michael Connelly - Trash but excellent.
The Lincoln Lawyer, Michael Connelly - Also excellent trash.
Stumbling on Happiness, Daniel Gilbert - WONDERFUL
The Happiness Advantage, Sean Achor - Read it
May I Be Happy; A Memoir of Love, Yoga and Changing My Mind, Cyndi Lee - Nice message but actually left me cold
Your Brain at Work, David Rock - Super interesting
Manager's Guide to Employee Engagement, Scott Carbonara - Very good professional homework
The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin - Part of what helps me make choices that make me happy
Getting Things Done, David Allen - Errr... have not quite gotten reading this done yet.

Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell.  I can't believe I almost forgot this one as it was the best book I read all year and best book I've read in a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home